Monday, March 14, 2011

Kat: Ain't isn't a word and I Ain't Gonna Use it

I can't tell you how much I love Christina Pirello's Cooking the Whole Foods Way. Technically, it's a book of macrobiotic cooking, but don't let that scare you off! Every recipe is simple and 10 times even more delicious that it sounds on paper! This is a great book for vegetarians or anyone who needs some simple but delightful vegetable dishes in their life...who doesn't need that?!

This week, I tried out Quinoa and Roasted Veggie Salad.

Couldn't be easier to prepare either. All you do is roast whatever veggies you have laying around:


Saute some carrots, celery, and onions:


Cook your quinoa:


Throw the veggies on a plate:

Cover with quinoa:


And squeeze some fresh lemon juice on top!


The dish is light, but hearty enough to be an entree. Go buy this book! You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment